Music video CCR

 

  1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?  

 

My project uses many conventions of a standard music video. There is a multitude of long shots as well as a few close-ups. The close up in particular happens to be my favorite shot as I feel it conveyed the overall mood I was trying to portray in the video. Camera movement also follows conventions as there is the inclusion of pans. Transitions between shots follow conventions, as well as most cuts, end with a fade into the next, something quite common in music videos. There were props used in this video, something that can be seen used often in common mis-en-scene. My video represents social groups by using two female love interestsThis shows representation to a wide range of the LGBTQ community. This is what I wanted to do as these groups aren't represented across the media as much as they should be. By using two girls as the love interest, I am showing not only appreciation but providing representation for a group I decided needs more attention.  

 

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?  

My project engages with the audience by having a clear easy to follow, storyline. The projection of cheating is also something many people relate to. This fact alone would give the audience something to connect with. Being cheated on is a painful feeling, that alone would be enough to evoke emotion out of an audience. This project would be distributed as a music video, preferably on big streaming sites where it could reach a larger audience. The combination of a clear storyline and an emotion drawing concept would make it easy to engage with an audience.  

 

  1. 3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?  

 

      With this being my third filming project, it is only natural that my filing skills have improved. I             have learned which shots need to be used and for how long to make scenes flow                                     more seamlesslyI've learned what lighting best projects the mood. I've learned how the                         movement of my actors gives detail to the storyline. The flow of each scene was extremely                   important to me as I wanted to clearly show a storyline that was relevant to the words of the                   song. Each small aspect that impacts the way the film is perceived was important to me as I                   wanted there to be a noticeable improvement from each previous project. The editing part of this           process was a bit of a setback. Editing is something I seem to have a problem with each                         time. While it was not the cutting scenes that threw me off, this time it was the audio. Although             that caused a few problems, I was eventually able to figure it out on my own. This project looks             more professional, and you can tell from the effort put in. 

      

     4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  

 

I integrated technology in all forms of this project. The software was used to edit and film the project. Without editing software, there would just be random clips with no sound. The software was used to film as without camera and video software, id have no way to capture the scenes. Hardware was integrated as the computer used to put the film together was made of it. Finally, online was used as it was necessary to post the film on a streaming site. There would be no access to the streaming service without the use of online.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video Storyboard

Intro Blog !!

Zephyrhills filming commercial blog